A Cryptocurrency (short: crypto) is digital currency, digital money or digital asset based on cryptography. The financial transactions are validated automatically and based on cryptography. Decentralized cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, are based on distributed ledger technologies, very often the Blockchain. Bitcoin was the first officially available and working Cryptocurrency. Nowadays there are over thousands public available alternative coins (called Altcoins) available. Some use centralized, some user decentralized ledgers and transactions. Altcoin IOTA uses Tangle as centralized ledger technology.Chief Digital Officer (CDO)?
Cryptocurrencies (short: Crypto or Cryptos) are the digitalization of money or other physical assets (such as gold, real estate, etc.). Through tokenization, assets can be converted into digital goods. For this reason the topic is interesting for Chief Digital Officer (CDO). Many companies are already beginning to gain experience with their own blockchain or other distributed ledger technology (DLT). I will take a closer look at the cryptocosmos here.
- Bitcoin Minder Hardware
- Decentralized Application (DApp)
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Initial Bounty Offering (IBO)
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
Latest posts by Jan (see all)
- How Thyssenkrupp CDO deals with digitalization - February 6, 2020
- Interviews with CEO Gisbert Rühl about digitalization at the steel trader Klöckner - December 4, 2019
- All about Facebooks Libra Coin - July 31, 2019