Ice cream cone
Ice cream cone is a method to test software that is also used by different companies. It is also a method that combines manual and automated software testing – with manual testing taking the larger part. The criticism of this concept is that the focus is on manual testing and that it is only good for a certain moment of testing because it is never “valid” long enough or does not map the testing process long enough to perform the total number of tests.Why this is interesting for a Chief Digital Officer (CDO)?
The purpose of software testing is to ensure and increase the maturity and quality of a software. In the digital world software is essential. For this reason the topic is interesting for Chief Digital Officer (CDO).
See also (glossary Software Testing):
- Software Testing
- Feature Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Ice cream cone
- Integration Test
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
- Smoke Test
- Unit Test
- User Acceptance Test (UAT)
Latest posts by Jan (see all)
- How Thyssenkrupp CDO deals with digitalization - February 6, 2020
- Interviews with CEO Gisbert Rühl about digitalization at the steel trader Klöckner - December 4, 2019
- All about Facebooks Libra Coin - July 31, 2019