Initial Coin Offering
An Initial Coin Offering (short: ICO) Type of crowdfunding, where companies can change their created cryptocurrency into FIAT money. They do this in order to get capital for further groth.
ICOs are the digital equivalent to Initial Public Offerings (IPOs).
Cryptocurrencies (short: Crypto or Cryptos) are the digitalization of money or other physical assets (such as gold, real estate, etc.). Through tokenization, assets can be converted into digital goods. For this reason the topic is interesting for Chief Digital Officer (CDO). Many companies are already beginning to gain experience with their own blockchain or other distributed ledger technology (DLT). I will take a closer look at the cryptocosmos here.
- Bitcoin Minder Hardware
- Decentralized Application (DApp)
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Initial Bounty Offering (IBO)
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
Latest posts by Jan (see all)
- How Thyssenkrupp CDO deals with digitalization - February 6, 2020
- Interviews with CEO Gisbert Rühl about digitalization at the steel trader Klöckner - December 4, 2019
- All about Facebooks Libra Coin - July 31, 2019