File Transfer Protocol
File Transfer Protocol (short: FTP) is an Internet service. This service allows you to exchange large files conveniently over the Internet. FTP is widespread in the legacy world and is increasingly being replaced by the more modern SCP.Why this is interesting for a Chief Digital Officer (CDO)?
The Internet is one of the most important foundations of the Digital Revolution. That is why knowledge is elementary for a Chief Digital Officer (CDO).
See also (glossary Internet):
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS)
- Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
- Internet Protocol (IP)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
- World Wide Web (WWW)