A Startup is a young company, that builds a scalable business. The counterpart of Startups are Corporates.
Startups need usually investors. Or they can fund their groth by own resources. This is called Bootstrapping. Furthermore many startups are not profitable: “Growth before profit”.
There is a very recommended e-learning by Standford Startup School:Chief Digital Officer (CDO)?
Startups are the basis of the disruption. This is why this topic is important to a Chief Digital Officer (CDO).
See also (glossary Startup):
- steveblank.com: Whats a startup first principles
- Wikipedia: Startup company
- Stanford Startup School: How to Start a Startup
Latest posts by Jan (see all)
- How Thyssenkrupp CDO deals with digitalization - February 6, 2020
- Interviews with CEO Gisbert Rühl about digitalization at the steel trader Klöckner - December 4, 2019
- All about Facebooks Libra Coin - July 31, 2019