Infrastructure as a Service
Infrastructure as a Service (short: IAAS) is a service provided by companies that offer other companies not to buy servers and computers but to rent them from them if necessary (e.g. Amazon Web Services, MS Azure). The term can be assigned to Cloud Computing.Why this is interesting for a Chief Digital Officer (CDO)?
As part of external digitization, products and services are offered internally and externally in the form of a business service. This actually turns everything into a service. This is the term XAAS. X as variable placeholder, AAS in the form of as-a-service. Software is thus offered as SAAS: Software + AAS = SAAS.
See also (glossary Anything as a Service (XAAS)):
- Anything as a Service (XAAS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS)
- Lab as a Service (LAAS)
- Platform as a Service (PAAS)
- Software as a Service (SAAS)
- Workplace as a Service (WAAS)
Cloud is one of the pillars of the digital revolution. Business and IT services can be provided very easliy by this. That is the reason why it is important to a Chief Digital Officers (CDO).
See also (glossary Cloud):
Latest posts by Jan (see all)
- How Thyssenkrupp CDO deals with digitalization - February 6, 2020
- Interviews with CEO Gisbert Rühl about digitalization at the steel trader Klöckner - December 4, 2019
- All about Facebooks Libra Coin - July 31, 2019