4.0 describes the fourth digital revolution, triggered by the digitalization. In many areas, which equally affect people’s everyday working lives as well as their private lives, digitalisation has created a new phase in our society, which is evolving in stages. Digitalization is associated above all with new technical possibilities, through which processes, working and behavioral patterns as well as structures are broken up and fundamentally restructured. Digitization is integrated differently in each sector, so that revolutionary changes are triggered in each sector or sometimes even in different sectors and one often speaks of the dawn of a new era in the respective sector or sector.
In this context, the word ending *4.0 is often used or the word “Smart” is integrated into the term, suggesting this new and revolutionary phase. The versioning here is based on the versioning in software development.
The basis of a Chief Digital Officer (CDO) is to develop new business areas and business models. This is summarized under the 4.0 term world or Smart Everything.
See also (glossary 4.0):
- Business 4.0
- Banking 4.0/ Smart Banking
- Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory
- City 4.0 / Smart City
- Maintenance 4.0 / Smart Maintenance
- New Work / Work 4.0
- Smart Construction / Construction 4.0
- Smart Clothes / Textile 4.0
- Smart Farming / Farming 4.0
- Smart Garden
- Smart Grid
- Smart Living / Smart Home / Living 4.0
- Logistics 4.0
Latest posts by Jan (see all)
- How Thyssenkrupp CDO deals with digitalization - February 6, 2020
- Interviews with CEO Gisbert Rühl about digitalization at the steel trader Klöckner - December 4, 2019
- All about Facebooks Libra Coin - July 31, 2019