Banking 4.0 describes a new era in the banking sector that was caused by the digitalization. This new generation of banking is especially marked by the increasing digitalization of processes. Banking transfers and similar transactions can be easily done by the customers. They only need a connection to the internet what is more and more also given through mobile devices. These changes affect banks especially in their way of dealing with the customers (Smart Banking).
But also effectiveness of internal processes – especially regarding the IT – as well as the flexibility of the bank as an existing institution is changed by the digitalization. Banks will turn from rigid oranizations into agile networks. On top of that new innovative solutions regarding banking products and also improvements of internal innovation processes are expected.
The basis of a Chief Digital Officer (CDO) is to develop new business areas and business models. This is summarized under the 4.0 term world or Smart Everything.
See also (glossary 4.0):
- Business 4.0
- Banking 4.0/ Smart Banking
- Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory
- City 4.0 / Smart City
- Maintenance 4.0 / Smart Maintenance
- New Work / Work 4.0
- Smart Construction / Construction 4.0
- Smart Clothes / Textile 4.0
- Smart Farming / Farming 4.0
- Smart Garden
- Smart Grid
- Smart Living / Smart Home / Living 4.0
- Logistics 4.0
Latest posts by Jan (see all)
- How Thyssenkrupp CDO deals with digitalization - February 6, 2020
- Interviews with CEO Gisbert Rühl about digitalization at the steel trader Klöckner - December 4, 2019
- All about Facebooks Libra Coin - July 31, 2019