A Smart City is a city that is created within the framework of the “City 4.0” development.
In Germany, Darmstadt (digitalstadt-darmstadt.de) is foreseen as model for a Smart City:
In 2017 Darmstadt has won the Bitkom competition “Digital City”. By implementing digital smart city technologies, it has been building up an urban digital ecosystem with tangible benefits for citizens together with its partners from science, politics and business. Expert committees such as the Ethics and Technology Advisory Board support Darmstadt’s efforts to ensure that the potential of digitization is used sensibly and that digital change is managed prudently.
In Europe, Santander in Spain is seen as the first real Smart City:Chief Digital Officer (CDO)?
The basis of a Chief Digital Officer (CDO) is to develop new business areas and business models. This is summarized under the 4.0 term world or Smart Everything.
See also (glossary 4.0):
- Business 4.0
- Banking 4.0/ Smart Banking
- Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory
- City 4.0 / Smart City
- Maintenance 4.0 / Smart Maintenance
- New Work / Work 4.0
- Smart Construction / Construction 4.0
- Smart Clothes / Textile 4.0
- Smart Farming / Farming 4.0
- Smart Garden
- Smart Grid
- Smart Living / Smart Home / Living 4.0
- Logistics 4.0
- digitalstadt-darmstadt.de – Website of the German digital city Darmstadt
- smartsantander.eu – Website of the model smart city Santander in Spain